Tutorial Tuesday - Make a Button & Wire Brooch

Sister Diane (aka Diane Gilleland) from Crafty Pod has, as per usual, another fantastic tutorial for making these wonderful wired button brooches. With simple, clear instructions and step-by-step photographs, you can choose to make either a lovely 'Shooting Star' or 'Vase of Flowers' brooch, using some of your favourite buttons. Diane's great little tutorial is here.


I was also really really pleased to find out that Diane was recently made Editor-in-Chief of Craft Magazine. I have been a long time fan of Craft magazine, since finding the early print issues. The magazine is now online only and is about the intersection of crafting, art, technology and sometimes just plain geekery, but it's always fun and it has managed to bring a large diverse craft community together, in a way that no-one has done before. Do also sign-up for the Craft monthly and daily newsletter - there is nothing better than a dose of inspiration to start the day!




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing!!! I just love them. Gives me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks so much for this nice shout-out! You've totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, can't wait to try to make one. Thanks,
    DSS from Shabbie Jammie Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found a wonderful treasure!
    I absolutely in love with the buttons and so with your blog, I'll follow from now!
    thank you and I dedicate you my post a few days ago I made the buttons!

    http://bicocacolors.blogspot.com/2011/04/botones.html

    With love from Spain,

    Elena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment