The King's Shropshire Light Infantry Buttons


I have these rather beautiful antique military brass buttons in my collection.
I don't collect military buttons myself but can really appreciate those that do -
they have lovely detailing, are chunky and heavy and are great little reminders of a
bygone age. I found the following info about the buttons via our ever helpful friend, 
Wikipedia! The buttons are now listed for sale in my eBay shop here.

The King's Shropshire Light Infantry (KSLI) was a regiment of the British Army,
formed in 1881, but with antecedents dating back to 1755. The KSLI served
with distinction in Egypt in 1882, the Eastern Sudan, 1885-86 and in all
the major campaigns of the 20th Century, including the Second Boer War,
 World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and other tours.

Comments