Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester


I have been lucky enough to eat at a few Mitchelin-starred restaurants over the years, but never had the opportunity (nor the funds!) to go to Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester Hotel in London. As much as I would like to go for the sublime food, I would also love to have a little peak at the ‘Salon Privé. This cosy private dining room, within the restaurant, seats up to 12 guests and has a wall covered in 40,000 silk buttons!


Taylors Buttons, a little treasure trove in the heart of London, were commissioned to supply and manufacture the 40,000 silk covered buttons in 2007, to adorn the walls of the refurbished restaurant. From the initial enquiry to the final delivery, took as little as 6 months - and all the buttons were individually handmade. No mean feat indeed!


So, if anyone fancies treating me to lunch one day - I know just the place! As an aside, it's a good job, they don't let children under 10 years old in the restaurant - I can just see my 4 year old picking those buttons off the wall! I wonder if anyone has ever picked any off as a little souvenir..?




Comments